Malila

Malila

Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Boli ni bobara sine te bin"

Translation: "You cannot run and scratch your butt at the same time."
     Well ain't that the truth. I don't know why I put that in the title, but I found it a hilarious proverb. I am heading back to village today. It has been a nice break and the language training was helpful. Although I was surrounded by Americans for the majority of my time here, so we've been speaking a lot of English. Hopefully it doesn't cause a shock to my system when I get back out there in my village and all I can speak is my broken Bambara. I'll be arriving the day before our Market day, so hopefully the traffic will not be bad or crowded. I'll probably plan on staying at site until the end of October and then I'll make a trip into town to go to the bank and post office. I tried to send out letters yesterday, but the office was closed. I am going to leave in a little bit to see if its open to send out a few letters.
When I return to site I am going to visit a few towns and their shea machine facilities. I'll also probably try to plan a trip to visit a PCV couple's site. Maybe start a compost bin and plant some of the veggie seeds my loving parents sent from home. While also walking, jogging, or biking around town everyday and visiting people I have befriended. I also have my language lessons every Friday, Saturday, and Monday morning. But I don't know if my schedule will change, just because school has started and my tutor teaches English along with music and drawing at the local school. I'll probably sit in on one of his language lessons for a few days if I can. Although I hear that they squeeze about 100 students into one medium sized classroom.
My birthday is also in about 5 days so I am thinking of ways to celebrate. I'll probably treat myself to some Mango juice I found at a store in my town. And when I get back to my banking town I'll splurge and buy ingredients to make myself an apple pie. Love and God Bless, talk to you at the beginning of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment