Malila

Malila

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Catching Critters

As the sun goes down and the outdoor lights turn on the bugs come out. This time we wanted them to come, lots and lots of them. The flying termites!!! Catch them, catch them all if you can. We placed two buckets under two lights and began to grab and toss them in the water. It was hilarious jumping around with the kids and family. I was a little squirmish at first, because a lot of the termites had already lost their wings and were crawling on the floor. Aroumatou (Shaka's mom) noticed I was only grabbing the ones with the wings so she kindly pointed out all the ones I could grab with-out wings, so I sucked it up and started grabbing and tossing as quickly as possible. The next day, my host mom would wash and cook them for a mid-day snack.

termite collection bucket

Caught it in flight! Like a boss!

Excitement! Can you feel it?
Shaka


~Termite Crunchies~
Would you taste them?


No comments:

Post a Comment